ExamRoom.AI: Preparing for Test Day
Preparing to take your Prov test through ExamRoom.AI? The online test experience differs slightly from a traditional testing center, but that doesn’t mean it has to be hard!
We’ve found that just a few extra minutes of preparation can make all the difference when it comes to online testing. If you’re ready to take your test with confidence, we’ve compiled a few quick tips to help you prepare.
What is ExamRoom.AI?
Before we dive into the details, allow us to introduce ExamRoom.AI! ExamRoom.AI is Prov’s trusted proctoring partner for all of its online exams. Simply put, you take your Prov test from home, and ExamRoom.AI supports you every step of the way!
ExamRoom.AI allows test takers to take exams on their personal computers, often from the comfort of their own homes. Once you log in for your test, you’ll be connected with a team of agents to assist with check-in, offer technical support, and monitor your exam.
This process offers convenience and simplicity to countless test candidates. But turning your home into a virtual testing center will require a few steps of preparation. That’s where our tips come in…
Before Your Exam
Complete the following steps PRIOR to your exam date to maximize your chances of success:
1. Complete a Systems Check
While ExamRoom.AI can be simple to use, not all computers are created equal. To ensure your device is capable of testing with ExamRoom.AI, each test taker must complete systems check PRIOR to test day. This check will analyze your computer to ensure your operating system, Wi-fi connection, and required settings are up to speed.
The following are the MINIMUM requirements that your computer needs to use our ExamRoom.AI at-home proctoring service:
- Recent operating system (less than 3-4 years old)
- MAC, PC, or Chromebook
- Google Chrome web browser
- Functioning computer web-camera and microphone
- Consistent Internet connection capable of uploading files in excess of 3 Mbps
Not every computer system is capable of testing with ExamRoom. But we can help you determine if this online testing method is right for you. Use the following link to check your system and be notified of any settings that may need adjusting. (This includes allowing access to your camera and microphone on the day of testing. When prompted “Permission to access camera or microphone,” you must click “Allow”)
*If your system does not allow you to test at home, please contact Prov at (866)-720-7768 and we’ll be happy to schedule your exam at a testing center.
Testing on a Mac
If you are testing on an APPLE product, please follow the following steps to ensure that our system will work on your computer.
- Click the Apple logo in the top left-hand corner of the computer screen
- Select system preferences
- Select “Security and Privacy” then open the “Privacy” tab
- Find “Screen Recording” on the left-hand pull down
- “Unlock” (click the lock button) and enter your password
- Make sure Chrome is checked off
- Click “later”
2. Prepare Your Area for Testing
Test takers should prepare their testing environment as if it were their own personal testing center. This means setting up in a quiet, private area with little distractions.
During check-in, the onboarding agent will scan your desk and surrounding area for any prohibited items. Here are a few things they’ll be looking for:
- A clear room. The room must be cleared with no visitors coming in or out during the exam. Testing in public areas (like libraries, office spaces, etc.) is prohibited unless the test taker is in a private, empty room free from distractions.
- An empty desk. Please remove all extra items from your desk that are not necessary for the exam. Review the list of prohibited items below to know what things are allowed, and what thinks you may be asked to remove.
- Approved study materials. Your candidate information bulletin outlines a list of approved materials you may have during your test. During check-in, the onboarding agent will take a moment to verify your materials to ensure you’re only using approved references. It is important to note that all testing aids or study material must be in PRINTED form. Digital PDF documents are not allowed during testing. Additionally, test takers are prohibited from marking in their books or taking notes during their examinations.
- No prohibited items. The following items are PROHIBITED during your online examination:
- Smoking, vaping, or chewing tobacco
- Food or drink, except for clear containers with all labels removed*
- Cell phones or other electronic devices
- Electronic accessories or other devices connected to your computer (extra monitors, keyboards, headsets, recording devices, etc.)
If any of the listed items are spotted during check-in, you will be asked to remove them. If continued use of these items is detected during testing, the proctor may suspend or cancel your exam.
Think of your desk as a virtual testing center. Anything that would not be allowed in a testing center, should not be allowed during your test at home.
*If you require special accommodations that may require food or drink during your exam, please submit our ADA forms for approval).
3. Locate your ID
A valid, government-issued photo ID is required for all test-takers during check-in (driver’s license, passport, or military ID). Please have your ID out and ready to go to expedite the check-in process. Test-takers who fail to provide a valid form of ID will be unable to check-in and may forfeit their exam fees.
On the Day of Your Exam
- Begin on the Prov website: https://provexam.com/
- Click “Start My Test” from the home page menu
- Review the instructions on the page and click “Start My Test” again to be directed https://examroom.ai/login/
- Enter the email address you used to register for your test
- Enter your candidate ID as your password
- You will be greeted by an onboarding agent to help you check-in and begin your exam
For technical support, or if you are having difficulty logging into your exam, please use the chatbox on the bottom right corner of https://examroom.ai/.
For additional questions about the ExamRoom testing process, contact us at (866)-720-7768 or chat with us online at https://provexam.com/.
- Your testing time won’t begin until you are checked in and been greeted by a proctor. Don’t worry if it takes a few extra minutes to get set up! You won’t be losing any time.
- Sometimes, technical issues happen. If you ever get disconnected, come back here and click “Start my test” to login again. We’ll get you reconnected so you can pick up where you left off.
- Prov offers ADA accommodations for qualifying candidates. For more information and to learn how to apply, click here.
- Relax, and know that you’ve got a team of people to support you through your online examinations. We’ll be here to help every step of the way!